Proverbs 27:23 tells us, “Know well the condition of your flocks, and give attention to your herds.” Our “herds and flocks” these days are our finances, including our investments. Do you know the condition of yours? We’ll talk about that today with Cassie Laymon.
Cassie Laymon is president of LightPoint Portfolios, an underwriter of this program. She’s also a Certified Financial Planner and a Certified Kingdom Advisor.
- On this program Laymon shares her journey in learning about faith-best investing and what led LightPoint Portfolios to start working with company and church retirement plans.
- Laymon details the most common advice she gives to participants about investing for the future, including the importance of taking advantage of matching funds from your employer.
- Most Americans have a bulk of their savings in an employer-sponsored plans, LightPoint recognized the need for a 401(k) and a 403(b) platform that would provide Christian companies, churches and other groups, as well as their employees, the opportunity to align their retirement assets with their deeply held faith values.
- She explains how that works and offers the advice she gives to business owners about saving and investing and how best to help their employees save for the future.
- Laymon says that many of the people who oversee retirement plans (plan sponsors) don’t realize that it’s best-practice to benchmark their plan every three years. That includes doing a fee analysis. With that in mind, LightPoint offers a complimentary objective analysis of your company’s current plan to see where there might be opportunities for improvement and to make sure you’re clear about the fees you’re paying.
- She also explains what a participant can do if they want to invest in faith-based funds but find that they’re not available in their retirement plan.
- To learn more about LightPoint, visit LightPointPortfolioSolutions.com.
On this program, Rob also answers listener questions:
- How do you know when it’s time to get out of the market?
- What is the best way to establish a retirement plan with limited savings?
Remember, you can call in to ask your questions most days at (800) 525-7000 or email them to Questions@MoneyWise.org. Also, visit our website at MoneyWise.org where you can connect with a MoneyWise Coach, join the MoneyWise Community, and even download the free MoneyWise app.