Leo Sabo is president of the Christian Stewardship Network and a Faith and Finance contributor. He also knows a thing or two about starting a stewardship ministry.
THE FUNDAMENTAL IMPORTANCE OF STEWARDSHIP MINISTRIES IN CHURCHES
STEPS FOR ESTABLISHING A STEWARDSHIP MINISTRY IN A CHURCH
1. Securing Leadership Support: Begin by gaining the church leadership's endorsement. Emphasize that the ministry's focus is on making true disciples and equipping them, rather than just fundraising.
2. Assessing Congregational Needs: Understand the financial needs and desires of the church members through surveys. Tailor the ministry's educational content to these identified needs.
3. Team Formation and Training: Assemble a passionate team and provide them with comprehensive training that includes both biblical teachings and practical application.
4. Initiating the Ministry: Launch with a significant event, like a seminar or workshop, to establish the ministry's presence and importance in the church community.
5. Celebrating and Reporting Impact: Share success stories and regularly report the ministry's positive impact to maintain support and encourage participation.
RESOURCES AND SUPPORT FOR CHURCHES INITIATING STEWARDSHIP MINISTRIES
Christian Stewardship Network: The network offers a wealth of resources, including training programs and a platform for connecting with other stewardship leaders.
Annual Forums and Continuous Learning: They organize events like the CSN Annual Forum and continuously release new courses to keep stewardship leaders updated and equipped.
Membership and Community Connection: By joining the network, church leaders can engage with a larger community of stewardship professionals, enhancing their ministry's effectiveness through shared knowledge and experiences.
CONCLUSION AND ENCOURAGEMENT FOR PARTICIPATION
Importance of Involvement: Leo Sabo underscores the significance of these ministries and encourages listeners to visit the Christian Stewardship Network for further guidance and resources.
ON TODAY’S PROGRAM, ROB ALSO ANSWERS LISTENER QUESTIONS:
Remember, you can call in to ask your questions most days at (800) 525-7000. Faith & Finance is also available on the Moody Radio Network as well as American Family Radio. Visit our website at FaithFi.comwhere you can join the FaithFi Community, and give as we expand our outreach.