Man’s purpose is to glorify God and one of the ways we do that is by trying to make the world a better place in all we do, including in our investments. We’ll talk with Stella Tai about investing that has a positive impact on the world.
Stella Tai is Manager of Stewardship Investing Impact and Analysis for Praxis Mutual Funds. Praxis is one of the nation’s oldest faith-based mutual funds and a leader in impact investing and an underwriter of this program.
- Praxis continually asks the question, “How can we use the funds that we have to really make an impact in the world” That led them to launch their Impact X Strategies. This is a set of seven impact strategies across their five funds.
- One of those is their Corporate Engagement Strategy, wherein Praxis has 15 to 20 engagements every year with the companies they invest in. They talk about how to make the companies better and better swerve their investors.
- One example is Delta Airlines dealing with child sexual exploitation and human trafficking. Praxis has seen Delta make a lot of commitments to training staff in being able to identify people that be being trafficked or situations that warrant a closer look.
- Another is Community Development, wherein they develop strategies to better serve communities. Praxis has committed to invest about 1% of their funds in community development.
- Stell Tai shares her excitement and passion for helping Christians to bring their investments in line with their faith and eternal priorities.
- Learn more about Praxis and faith-based investing at PraxisMutualFunds.com.
On this program, Rob also answers listener questions:
- How can you give to ministries through the sale of a property and minimize the capital gains tax liability?
- What can you do to qualify for a mortgage if you’re in a career transition and are not currently employed?
Remember, you can call in to ask your questions most days at (800) 525-7000. Also, visit our website at FaithFi.com where you can join the FaithFi Community, and give as we expand our outreach.