Do you like helping people get their finances in order? Maybe you have a gift for numbers? A while back we broke the news about a whole new career field that’s opening up— the Christian Financial Planner. Kurt Cornfield is here today to give us an update.
Kurt Cornfield is Associate Professor of Financial Planning at Liberty University. He’s also a Certified Financial Planner and a Certified Kingdom Advisor.
- WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN FINANCIAL PLANNER PROGRAM?
- Seven Christian universities that have offered certified financial planner (CFP) programs are adding certified kingdom adviser content. So students are learning what the Bible says about money and finances.
- Prior to the last 13 years, there were zero universities offering this kind of education. It’s exciting to see students learn that they can take their faith with them into the financial planning field.
- Since 2015, 100% of Liberty’s Christian CFP planners found jobs out of school.
- Cornfield says students are also moving into financial coaching and counseling, including new peer coaching programs, and this is having a tremendous impact on college campuses.
- Cornfield urges parents to help Christian students investigate this field if they show an interest in the financial services industry position.
- To learn more, visit the Kingdom Advisors website.
On this program, Rob also answers listener questions:
- When does it make sense to take control of your own annuity instead of leaving it under management with a labor union?
- Is Christian debt management a good option for paying down debt?
Remember, you can call in to ask your questions most days at (800) 525-7000. Also, visit our website at FaithFi.com where you can join the FaithFi Community, and give as we expand our outreach.